Friday, May 2, 2008

A New Beginning

Hello, my name is Derius. I have recently decided to try my hand at this blogging thing. I've seen some good ones, and I've seen some really bad ones, so I figure if I can fall somewhere in the middle I'll be doing OK.

I originally wanted to create a blog to try to reach folks who are handicapped, disabled, or otherwise impaired, and who may not be able to train using traditional methods, but who are still interested in firearms for either self defense, hunting, or sport.

Having certain physical limitations myself, I have had to learn to train differently so that these potential negatives were turned into positives. I intended to share my insight, knowledge, and training with others. (What little there is!)

That being said, I still intend to do just that. However, I was given some advice by someone whom I admire, and have a lot of respect for. Those of you who frequent The Firing Line, The High Road, or various other forums, may know him. His name is LawDog. (As soon as I figure out how to create links to these forums and to other blogs, I will post them.) In the time being, any search engine will point you in the right direction, so go check them out.

He advised me to not limit myself to any one subject, and to blog on whatever happens to be in my head. (Which after some thought, may not necessarily be a good thing!) But I am going to go with the flow and see what happens.

In closing, those of you who are sticklers for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and the like will probably get bent severely out of shape, for I am no word-smith. I will do the best I can to make things legible, but I have been known to confound and confuse the best professors and spell-checkers alike.

I always try to be civil, and keep the cursing to a minimum, because I believe a man should be able to properly convey any emotion he feels without being vulgar, but there may be some subject matter or language that certain folks with delicate sensibilities may find inappropriate from time to time so be forewarned.

Thanks for coming, and please feel free to comment and let me know if you like the place, or if you have any suggestions for making things better. I'm off for bed.....

Derius



2 comments:

Larry said...

Here by way of Lawdog's place.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're here and what I read so far makes me think I'll be back.

Kurt